K2_BROWSING_IN GNN Exclusive
The 21 Finalists of the 2019 UN SDG Action Awards have been announced Featured
Post by Sanjeev Dev Malik 10 Apr 2019 BE_THE_FIRST_TO_COMMENT 27
UN SDG Action Campaign - Every year, the UN SDG Action Campaign opens the SDG Action Awards to call for the top individuals,
civil society organizations, subnational governments, foundations, networks, private sector leaders who are advancing the global movement for the Sustainable Development Goals in the most transformative, impactful and innovative way.
The 2019 UN SDG Action Awards Finalists have been revealed! The 3 finalists in each of the 7 categories - Mobilizers, Storytellers, Campaigners, Connectors, Visualizers, Includers and Creatives will present their achievements at the SDG Global Festival of Action.
The selection process has been harder than ever with more than 2000 excellent applications from 142 countries. 3 finalists have been selected for each of the 7 categories representing initiatives based in all world regions: Arab States, Lebanon, Africa Malawi, Nigeria (2) South Africa (3), the Americas (Peru, Brazil, Haiti and USA), Asia (India (2), Malaysia, and the Philippines (2) and Europe (Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and Switzerland).
Finalists are now being reviewed by a judging panel of over 20 experts that will select the top initiative in each category. Everyone has the chance to act by supporting their favourite entry for the People’s Choice Award.
The 21 Finalists’ initiatives show how innovation, creativity and commitment can lead to impactful SDG actions around the world. These initiatives serve as an inspiration to the growing community of SDG change-makers and influencers taking action for the Goals.The winner of each category, along with the People’s Choice Award, will be announced at the SDG Action Awards Ceremony, on 2May 2019 at 18:00 CET at the SDG Global Festival of Action.
*The Awards Ceremony will be live broadcast on UN WebTV: http://webtv.un.org/
Media is invited to attend the Awards Ceremony at the SDG Global Festival of Action on 2 May 2019, Bonn. To register as media: http://globalfestivalofaction.org/media-reg
**Finalists are available for interviews.
--- Full list of UN SDG Action Awards Finalists ----
Visualizers - Using visual or creative representations of data to influence decision-makers and the public of the importance of the SDGs.
· Unequal Scenes — Cape Town, South Africa
· Safecity: Crowdmap for sexual violence — Mumbai, India
· SDG-Portal for Municipalities — Gütersloh, Germany
Storytellers - Capturing powerful human stories to help communicate the interconnectedness of the SDGs in people’s lives through different mediums.
· The owners of water — Lima, Peru
· The backway: from Africa to Europe — Barcelona, Spain
· Humans & Climate change Stories — Lausanne, Switzerland
Mobilizers - Mobilizing individuals organizations or networks for collective action for the SDGs
· Follow the Money — Abuja, Nigeria
· 2030 Youth Force: Philippines - Philippines
· Sustainable Turn (VS) — São Paulo, Brasil
Creatives - Harnessing artistic expression to spur SDG Action and awareness through creativity, empowering and connecting people
· My Earth Songs: Songs for Children on Sustainability — Bangalore, India
· Our Sustainability: A Reminder Through Interactive Experience -Subang Jaya, Malaysia
· Make Art / Stop AIDS: Youth — Zomba, Malawi
Includers - Ensuring that excluded groups become part of the SDG dialogue and decision making in their community or at international levels. Leave No One Behind!
· African Monitor: Citizen's Report—Cape Town, South Africa
· ALMAJIRI Child Education and Social Inclusion — Abuja, Nigeria
· Transforming Lives Make Senses for Everyone — Bonn, Germany
Connectors - Engaging multiple stakeholders or build networks to generate the transformational change needed to make the SDGs a reality.
· The plastic bank — Haiti, Philippines and USA
· NYC Voluntary Local Review of the Sustainable Development Goals — New York, USA
· Italian Sustainable Development Festival 2018 — Rome, Italy
Campaigners Communications campaign (local/national/international) to raise public awareness about the SDGs and/or people’s role in SDG action.
· A White Dress Doesn’t Cover the Rape #Undress522 — Beirut, Lebanon
· The #RunningDry movement — Cape Town, South Africa
· Integrity Idol: “Naming and Faming” Honest Government Officials — Islamabad, Pakistan
Finalists Photo-gallery: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmA37ebK
Social Media Assets: https://trello.com/b/PXi0v4a2/sdgglobalfest-2019
Media package for download: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vT1OCmkVstuAFhju-
About the UN SDG Action Awards
To meet the SDGs we need everyone to take action. Every year the UN SDG Action Campaign calls for the top individuals, civil society organizations, subnational governments, foundations, networks, private sector leaders who are advancing the global movement for the Sustainable Development Goals in the most transformative, impactful and innovative way.
About the UN SDG Action Campaign
The UN SDG Action Campaign is a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General to scale up, broaden, and sustain the global movement to take action for the SDGs. The Action Campaign aims to mobilize and inspire individuals and organizations to take action and join the global movement for the SDGs, whilst connecting people’s actions and perceptions with decision makers in SDG planning and review processes at all levels.www.sdgactioncampaign.org
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.